Wednesday 30 May 2012

Year Two Day One Hundred and Sixty Seven - Azzurra

Dear all,

Today was hot and stormy day in Collingwood but the clouds had a glorious silver lining in the form of Lunch with lovely Anne. Azzurra in Collingwood has just started doing lunches so we decided to head there for our snack. http://www.azzurra.ca/
Azzurra is a lovely restaurant nestled in the heart of down town CWood. They have a great reputation and I was very excited to try their lunch menu. I was feeling extremely over heated after my 34oC run this morning (!@!@!), so the cool, sophisticated atmosphere inside was a treat. As we were celebrating Anne's birthday, we decided a sneaky lunchtime glass of wine was in order; I chose a crisp Pinot Grigio which was delicious. The menu presented a more challenging decision making process ( I tend to linger for many minutes over menus... and get distracted easily). In the end, I went for the first thing that jumped out to me: the quinoa, feta, spinach and artichoke salad. Anne chose the grilled veg panini. 

Both were fantastic! I would have taken more pics but the restaurant was fairly quiet (apart from us, I am sure) and I decided not to bring out the flash.. but take it from me, the lunches at Azzurra are wonderful, well priced and delicious, I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment