Friday 18 May 2012

Year Two Day One Hundred and Fifty Nine - Plato's Closet

Dear all, 

The Scholarship show has ended and today we met in Barrie to take down our work and take it home. After Karen and I had packed everything up into the car, we managed to squeeze in a quick trip to the famous, 'Plato's Closet', in the South Side of Barrie. http://www.platosclosetbarrie.com/
I had driven past the store many times on the way to Curry's or Costco but had never even thought to go in. Turns out, Plato's closet is a VINTAGE FASHION STORE, my most favourite shopping destination and I had been ignoring it all this time! 
The store is full of clothes in every shape, size and colour. The quality is good and the price is even better. I soon had over 10 items bundled over my arm and was making a beeline for the changing room. After 'Bullfrog' my favourite store in Collingwood closed down, {due to the ever-increasing rent downtown}, I sorely missed bargain shopping... until now!

I managed to find six fabulous items and each was $6 or under! Darren received a fashion show on my arrival home ( which I am sure he loved) and here are some pics. I love this cute little dress, so unusual and comfy!
And I can finally say I am a Canadian: I picked up some plaid! Such a comfy shirt which will get a lot of use I am sure.
I also picked up a couple of cute little summer tops - here is one gorgeous blue vest top (for $4!). Hurray!
I also found this phenomenal 'sequined' glitter dress for $8! It is AMAZING (I have a penchant for sparkly dresses). It even makes a gorgeous rustling noise when I walk. I would have taken a photo but it's incredibly see-through and I probably need to purchase some sort of under garment before it goes on public display. I love it!
Anyway, my fashion fix for the year is complete and for under $50. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment