Thursday 3 June 2010

Day Seventy Nine - Collingwood Library

Dear all,

Collingwood is moving up in the world and none more evident than the opening of the new Library. I had yet to visit the facility but had heard nothing but great things and oh-my-goodness, its fantastic!!









It's beautifully designed from the inside out; even the gardens around the perimeter of the building look fabulous and it is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into it.

http://www.collingwoodpubliclibrary.ca/




The Bay School of Art will soon be moving into the complex which is very exciting and make a fabulous studio space. I just popped in this afternoon but I am sure its a rabbit warren in there and I have heard wonderful rumours of a cafe/ bar, office space and brand new computer suite. The children's section was decorated as if you were about to dive down into Wonderland and I am sure it will become a haven for small kids.



All in all, very cosmopolitan and fabulous: A very exciting addition to Collingwood!
And in other news:
1. Amazon.com got the better of me and I spent the morning watching Back-to-Back Fawlty Towers with Darren. Life doesn't get much better than that.








No comments:

Post a Comment