Thursday 17 June 2010

Day Ninety Three - Peach Doughnut

Dear all,

Today was the day I discovered the 'Peach Doughnut'. Now, who'd have thought there would be such a thing... but the wonderful 'Metro' had them displayed in pride of place in the front entrance and I couldn't resist.


I bought two and bought them home where I discovered it is best to eat them like a doughnut ( funny that) but they taste a million times better and are surely very good for you.



I then decided to whip together a Peach Cobbler from Darren's Mum's Recipe Bible and as D was working very late I thought what better way to spend an evening than pottering around baking and watching Star Trek.

Despite me not having 'all' the correct ingredients and still not owning a weighing scale ( Mum, Jo and Karla, please forgive me) I thought I would give it a shot and it actually turned out quite well. There were no explosions in the oven and the cobbler crisped up with all the excess sugar I had sprinkled on top so it tasted delicious. D came home at around 3am and we had late night cobbler and ice cream. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment