Monday 14 June 2010

Day Ninety - Sobeys

Dear all,

I can't believe that I haven't yet explored this avenue of Collingwood and have actually been talking about it for some time. Today I went to Sobeys for the first time and it was life changing!!



Sobeys appears to be the equivalent of Waitrose in the UK ( i.e. The Supermarket equivalent of utopia). From the outside it resembles a garden centre for all the greenery and wooden framework but once inside, a calm descends as you glide between isles full of delectable foods that have been feng sui'd to perfection.

The range of food they had was impressive and the price tag was not unaffordable. I bought a pound of lychees ( $2 a pound!!! ) and some plums. I was feeling fruity. I also picked up a load of free recipes, all with a summer theme (that I will certainly experiment with on Darren)
It was sublime. I will certainly be returning to Sobeys and its 24 hours!!!! The joys of modern days consumerism!!

And in other news:
1. After a rigorous weekend I was given a slice of planting paradise today when I was let lose on the gardens with around 1000 plants to make it look beautiful. I started with a block of marigolds and am attempting to plant a bed of Dalias ( Slugs: Beware)



2. I found a most interesting Lychee in the tray at Sobeys and had to document. It of course tasted marvelous due to the 'lychee-mutation'.



No comments:

Post a Comment