Thursday 17 June 2010

Day Ninety Two - Lottery Machine

Dear all,

Amidst the rampant fever that is resonating throughout Canada due to the 'Lotto Max' sensation, Darren and I have collected a 'few' lottery tickets over the last couple of years. Today was officially an admin day for me as I wanted to catch up on all the lose strings that seem to get unraveled in day to day life.



So, armed with my *large* bundle of lottery tickets I set foot for Metro (combining any chore with supermarket shopping is always a personal joy for little me) and what followed was certainly quite amusing.

I arrived at the lottery counter and due to both the volume of tickets that I had in my grasp and also the fact I have an accent ( always exciting bizarrely), I managed to grab the attention of all the nearby staff and a few fellow shoppers.


OLG have a very useful machine that allows you to 'self serve' when checking your tickets and lets you know if you have won ( it sings to you) and lost ( it does nothing ). I started to bleep my tickets through with a crowd starting to form around me.

It turns out that I won one free ticket and $2!!! I put my winnings towards this weeks Lotto Max ( $50,000,000 in the pot once again!) and ran back home to report my victory to Darren who was of course very pleased. I have a very good feeling about this week and a big win!!!!


And in other news:
1. Wednesday night trivia and D bought home the beer round by knowing how many nipples a pig has ( 12 ). Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment