Monday 7 June 2010

Day Eighty Three - Shingles on the Roof

Dear all,


Project Roof is still at the forefront today as Chris and I headed up onto the roof to rip off the old shingles and start laying down the new. This is certainly not a job for the fainthearted or those struck by vertigo.. but after my days on the open water skipping up and down 100ft masts.. I presented myself as the man for the job.



My favorite part of the task had to be the nail gun. I was struck by the force of the air compressor but then got quite into it and was firing away in an instant.


Chris was a superb mentor after all his years fixing up roofs and half the roof was shingled by the afternoon. More tomorrow.. and then we will move inside to try and repair the dry wall ( hopefully before the rain comes again... shudder)


Attached a brief video of my antics with the nail gun. Fun in the sun!




No comments:

Post a Comment