Friday 11 June 2010

Day Eighty Six - Wetsuit

Dear all,

Now Summer is officially here and with hearty encouragement from D, I thought it time to head out and purchase a wetsuit. Now you may think this would be an easy task being that we live on a massive lake, in a renowned tourist destination and the weather is blooming fantastic. But, no no no no, I tell ya, it is not.

Our mission started off in Costco, Barrie, the shopping equivalent of hanging out in an aircraft hanger with everything you could possibly want for half the price. ( We also managed to 'sneak' in a 'Mucho Burrito' en route. The world's best fast food joint. This time I went for Beef. It was 'Sublime'). No luck in Costco apart from a couple of wetsuits that were made for men of 6 feet tall and wide.



Next stop, Walmart. You would think they would have wetsuits as they seem to house everything else in the world including deep sea diving equipment. But no. Blank faces when upon asking a number of assistants. I did however find beach towels ( also like gold dust in Collingwood. I don't know what the world is coming to) and [by accident] picked up the Blue Ray version of Alice in Wonderland.




So finally I found solace in the bastion of all that is for the home and outdoors, Canadian Tire.
And amidst their 'outdoor pursuits' section, they had wetsuits!




Now, I know I am a small person, but this really dawned on me when trying on wetsuits. All the woman sizes were too long, big or wrongly proportioned but luckily there was one lone child's wetsuit, (meant for a girl of twelve) and apart from being slightly tight around the bust, it fitted! And it was half the price ( the benefits of being hobbit sized, hurray!) So I snapped it up as fast as I could get to the check-out for fear that some one would swipe it away from me whilst I was in 'thinking' mode (Its a harsh world out there in the run up to the holidays, I tell ya!)

So, mission accomplished and ready for action in my new wonderful wetsuit and beach towel!


And in other news:
1. It's official, it's strawberry season! No picking as yet due to the 5 feet of rainfall that we have experienced in the last few days but Meesters have braved the quagmire and had their first batch out on the shelves. I couldn't resist buying a quart to take home back to D.
Fresh strawberries.. the smell of summer... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment