Friday 1 June 2012

Year Two Day One Hundred and Sixty Nine - Meaford Hall Juried Art Show

Dear all, 

Great news from the Art World, I got into Meaford Juried Art Show! http://visitmeaford.com/meaford-hall.html! My name is even on the sign!!!!!!!
Meaford Hall is pretty impressive: right in the heart of downtown Meaford and it pretty much dominates the entire area. I had submitted two pieces for judges and both got in! My lino block flower and my Moroccan Patio scene!
 It was another gorgeous day - cooler than before however which is a nice change.
Darren and I drove up from Collingwood for the opening. The opening was very chilled which was nice - the hall is massive so it wasn't too packed although there were many people there. I didn't win but it was just great to be part of the show. If any locals are in the area - the show runs until June 23rd! 

And in other news:
1. Here are a quick15 minutes sketch. 
 from this still life...
I just started this larger painting but am already pretty pleased with it - will post when finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment