Thursday 21 June 2012

Year Two Day One Hundred and Eighty Four - Exercise Roller

Dear all. 

I am still hurting from the half marathon on Sundy so, after high recommendation from several people including lovely Karla, I have purchased a foam roller! It's *much* cheaper than a weekly massage ( after the half marathon, the lovely lady massaging my legs asked me how 'often' I received physio and/or massages and I said... 'uhhhhh, never?' Apparently my legs are in a dreadful state. Well I could have told you that!). 
Anyway, the roller is a new innovation that softens and massages the muscles, helping to prevent tears and abrasions. My legs were one big abrasion after the mara so i was desperate to find a short and long term solution ( and be able to walk downstairs again). Here are some more tips: It can be used for all sorts of things! http://www.livestrong.com/article/512029-how-to-roll-out-sore-muscles/

Here I am working on my quads.. I am bascially rolling the roller backwards and forwards on my quads, using my arms.
 And here I am working on my calves... VERY sore to begin with but getting SO much better with daily reps.
 It's literally fantastic - I am delighted and hoping with yoga and the roller, I can banish all my injuries and run stronger and faster, hurray!



And in other news:
1. I have re-vamped one of my abstracts.. I am much happier with it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment